How's everyone's afternoon going? I've been out running errands all day with the kids and of course the day I need to do all this stuff it's raining buckets outside. My poor kids. They were such troopers though. :) Our playdate was rescheduled for tomorrow, but I took Carter anyways just so he could run off some energy. He had a blasty. Afterwards we ran to Walmart and got some stuff for dinner tonight- White Chicken Chili. Something about cold, rainy days just demands a nice hot bowl of chili. I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com. It's a great site and I frequent it often for dinner ideas. I modified a few things, but here's the recipe:
White Bean Chicken Chili (allrecipes.com)
(this picture doesn't do it justice!)
- 2 T. EVOO
- Shredded rotissere chicken (I don't really have a measurement, I just throw it in until it looks about right)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 14 oz can of chicken broth
- 1 bottle of salsa verde
- 7 oz can of diced green chiles
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes w/ chilis
- 1 can of corn
- 15 oz can of white beans
- S&P to taste
1. Heat oil and saute onions and garlic til soft.
2. In a large soup pot stir in broth, salsa verde, diced tomatoes, chilis and onion and garlic. Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add corn, chicken and beans. I let it simmer on low until dinner- usually about an hour or so.
Let me know if any of you try it! :) I gotta run and pick up the hubby from work. Have a great night!!