Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top o the mornin to ya lassies!

Happy St. Patty's Day!! 

I kicked off the day on the right foot with a GREEN smoothie. Yum! My blender tends to go into hibernation during the winter months, but now that it is (almost) spring, I think it's time to reintroduce this guy to the other kitchen appliances. ;)

I got my smoothie recipe out of an Oxygen magazine (GREAT magazine) and it was everything I could've hoped for.



It had ice, skim milk, chocolate protein powder, nanner, natural PB, coffee and a dash of vanilla extract. I add a handful of spinach to make it green (and extra nutritious:)). I shared half (minus the coffee) with Carter. He gave it two green thumbs up.

Rewinding back to yesterday, I made Orange Chicken for dinner. Since I worked last night, I cheated and used the Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken.



It turned out really good! My 3 year old LOVED it. That's a successful dinner in my book! I steamed up some broccoli and wa la! Dinner is served. 

I was half running out the door while I scarfed my dinner, so I forgot to take a picture. Thankfully my sweet hubby took a picture of his. My portion was about half of what he has and 2x as much broccoli. ;)
The boys are watching Go, Digeo, Go so I actually got to blog uninterrupted this morning. I kinda liked it! haha. 

I've got a ton of stuff on my to-do list today, so I'm gonna run for now. See ya later for a lunch post! 

Hugs, 

Laura

Question: Any fun St. Patty's Day plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment